View more details in the print-friendly version here.
as a professional storyteller, graphic designer and web developer.
- A journalism content creator who edits and collaborates in writing, audio, video, photo and web production.
- 10 years of student journalism experience; eight years of media industry experience.
- Expert level Adobe Creative Suite user (including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
Proficient at Premiere, After Effects, Soundbooth.
- National, state and local awards won as a student from Journalism Association of Community Colleges, California College Media Association and Associate Collegiate Press.
- Honors student and leader of student organizations for all six years of college.
Relativity Education (VIEW SAMPLE WORK HERE)
Startup Film School, Education Company and Production Studio based on a movie studio lot in Downtown Los Angeles
Lead Graphic Designer + WordPress Developer May 2014 to Present
- Led design and web development/maintenance department for multiple sub-brands (Relativity School – College, Workshops – Summer Camps, ICL Academy – High School – Studio Sidecar – Production Company)
- Launched automation and project tracking efforts— including selecting, designing and customizing a custom PHP-based project tracking system for film production.
- Worked with Google Analytics to make better decisions for design and marketing.
- Led the selection and on-boarding process of the college’s (Relativity School) selection of ERP/SIS system.
- Designed ads for national newspapers and magazines.
- Produced and maintained multiple long-format digital books, including catalogs, promotional materials and more.
- Curated photography and produced brand guidelines for each product—college, high school, workshops.
- Managed order procurement (bidding, pricing, inventory) for printed materials including catalogs, flyers, t-shirts, pens, coffee mugs and more.
International Agency Based out of Denver, Colo. and London.
Graphic Designer + Web Developer from September 2013 to December 2014.
- Designed and localized assets (websites, documents, flyers, ads) for Fortune 500 companies including Disney, Herman Miller, Mazda, and ForeverMark. Worked both onsite and remotely with an international team.
Denver Post (VIEW SAMPLE WORK HERE)
Metropolitan city newspaper in Denver, Colo.
Intern in multimedia placed by Dow Jones News Fund, June 2013 to August 2013
- Curated and created social media content for a Pulitzer Prize-winning breaking news desk.
- Produced interactive graphics, built dynamic maps and streamed live video.
San Francisco Chronicle (VIEW SAMPLE WORK HERE)
Metropolitan city newspaper in San Francisco, Calif.
Intern in Art & Graphics department from June 2012 to August 2012
- Designed cover art for inside sections and feature magazines.
- Paginated sections on deadline.
- Produced graphics, maps and illustrations on daily deadlines.
San José State University Associated Students
Student government 501c(3)-LLC for SJSU in San José, Calif.
Director of Resource Affairs from May 2012 to May 2013
San José State University Associated Students government in San Jose, Calif.
Director of Student Resource Affairs from May 2012 to May 2013
- As a student government leader, worked with SJSU student leaders and administrators to advocate for changes to policies.
- Deciphered complex government budget procedures and university structures in the process of creating an annual budget for a $6.7 million 501(3)c non-profit.
- Advocated for students’ rights on state and local levels, organized events for students.
San Jose State University Student newspaper in San Jose, Calif.
Tech Editor, Lead Production Editor, Multimedia Editor, Staff Writer, Photographer from January 2010 to May 2013
- Helped organize and publish online and print content.
- Led staff of 20 in publishing daily content for website and newspaper.
- Wrote, photographed, designed and edited in every section.
- Led two complete redesigns of website and print products.
- Produced infographics, illustrations, photographs and stories.
- Helped teach staff the skills of modern-day journalism.
- See visual clips and more here and several writing clips here.
Source Interlink Media
European Car Group of the major magazine corporation in Irvine, Calif.
Art director’s intern from May 2010 to August 2010
- Closely worked with lead art director, photo editor and writers to produce spreads for international magazines such as European Car, Lowrider and Import Tuner.
- Wrote short stories as well as advancers and blurbs for products.
- Specialized as a Photoshop retoucher and as quick layout designer.
FC Torch Magazine, Weekly Hornet, KBPK-FM
Community college publications of Fullerton College, Fullerton, Calif.
Art Director, Photographer, Writer from May 2010 to August 2010
- Generated feature stories, photos and videos, primarily focused on art and music.
- Led visual production for student lifestyle magazine for three semesters.
- For Torch magazine, directed in-studio and on-location photography and led design from mockups to final execution.
- See some design work from FC Torch here.
AOL/Huffington Post group news site, Palo Alto, Calif. sub-site
Reporter from September 2011 to January 2012
- Wrote articles about community events, local celebrities and breaking news.
- Delivered content on deadline and worked to exceed expectations.
- See some several Patch clips here.
Graves Communications, LLC
Small staff advertising/marketing/public relations firm, Fullerton, Calif.
Graphic Designer and Intern from April 2009 to August 2010
- Worked on high-pace deadline at a firm to produce professional-level web and print collateral.
- Clients included local politicians, small businesses, credit unions, and local technology companies.
Office of Special Programs, Fullerton College
Fullerton College office powered by multiple grants, Fullerton, Calif.
Primary projects: Project GPS2, Fullerton College Honors Program, Fullerton College teaching programs
Marketing, branding and public relations expert from January 2009 to September 2010
- Designed branding, produced collateral and developed sub-projects for science program primarily funded by federal grant to help minority college students enter fields where they traditionally wouldn’t. Participated with some auxiliary grant writing.
- See a several clips from Project GPS2 here and their direct website (which has a new campaign) here.
Quad/Photo and Quad/Graphics
Photography studio side, Anaheim, Calif.
Photo intern from May 2008 to August 2008
- Helped light, style and prepare items for studio and location photography. Developed techniques to light sets quickly. Specialized in photo staging and retouching.
San José State University
- Four-year university in San Jose, Calif.
- Fall 2010 to Spring 2013
- Graduated with a Bachelors of Science degree in journalism and a Bachelors of Arts degree in anthropology.
- Two-year community college in Fullerton, Calif.
- Fall 2007 to Spring 2010
- Graduated with an Associate of Arts degree in journalism and an associate of arts degree in anthropology.
- Completed program certificates for journalism, public relations, anthropology and graphic design.
High School Journalism Institute
Completed Indiana University’s program in Summer 2005. (See more about HSJI here.)